Over the past three years, Marmalade has been hard at work changing business for the better. We’ve grown from an idea to processing hundreds of millions of dollars of payments for a wide network of partners. We’re not stopping there.
We’ve got big plans to change what invoice payments are and can be. A movement bringing trust back to the financial sector. We’re constantly evolving our product to meet the challenges holding back businesses. Our actions are guided by a clear purpose to empower businesses—starting with solving the age-old problem of waiting to be paid for work completed and subsequently, disrupting a finance industry peddling flawed financial products.
To achieve our vision, Marmalade is working toward being the gold standard for how businesses pay and get paid, so that one day, we will see an ignited economy filled with thriving businesses.
That’s where you come in…
- Marmalade has 6 ambitious company wide goals over the next 5 years. There’s even a slack channel where we talk about them (#6-big). Help us define and execute a long term product strategy that drives us relentlessly towards these goals.
- Feedback comes in all shapes and sizes and the payments space we work in is complex. Turn vague into concrete by enabling high value feedback from our internal teams, our customers and outbound user research. Own how feedback is collected, qualified, quantified and shaped into high-value product development to help us meet our goals.
- Continuously optimise our prioritisation process, ensuring product development has high definition, engagement and input from all relevant parties and a clear ROI.
- Ensure product delivery is continuously validated as stakeholders are consulted and requirements and solutions are fleshed out. In particular, ensure product development is risk-aware and there is strong collaboration with our internal teams.
- Showcase the e2e product strategy and delivery cycle, evangelising and selling the benefits of product leadership and operational excellence within the leadership team and across the broader business.
Who you are
- Deep understanding of how to uncover user needs through regular conversations with internal SMEs, user research and empathy
- You appreciate big picture thinking and recognise the importance of prioritising the short term milestones that will move the needle towards the long term mission
- You can work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to capture requirements proactively and reactively, using tools that are transparent and empowering to all team members - ensuring an efficient product function that delivers in the short term whilst moving the business toward its long term goals
- You have a critical but creative mindset. We are looking to solve problems in different ways
- Be comfortable writing specs, drawing wireframes, & rapidly iterating on new feature ideas
- You love helping shape a company from the ground up and wearing many hats that start-up environments offer!
What we offer
- Work with a diverse, experienced team who knows what it takes to succeed. We're based in Australia and New Zealand and comprised of alumni from Afterpay, SafetyCulture, Siteminder, Envato, Expert360, Autopilot and Prospa
- A hybrid working environment, combining in-person and remote work - we believe that happy and healthy employees produce better business outcomes
- We encourage and desire diversity of thought and love to be challenged - we’re here to change the game
- Competitive salary including equity
Interested? Email us at email@example.com